Updates & FAQs
UPDATES FOR THE 2020 HOLIDAY SEASON
This holiday season isn't typical! We are doing our best to adhere to local guidelines and keep our employees and customers as safe and happy as possible.
*We also currently have a 2-day turnaround time for orders.*
Here are our updates and suggestions for making your gift buying as seamless as possible:
- ORDER EARLY: Due to supply chain interruptions (and not knowing what will be hoarded next!), we can't give you what we can't get. Ordering early gives us a better chance of ensuring we have exactly what you want!
- FRUIT & ALCOHOL: Depending on local regulations and safety, we might not be able to send an employee to the store to purchase fresh fruit. We also cannot guarantee that we will be able to get alcohol.
- SPECIALTY SHOPPING: Like fresh fruit, we will not be able to send an employee to the store for any specialty items – special requests that stray from our typical inventory – if it goes against local regulations.
- CONTACTLESS PICK UP AND DELIVERY: If you choose to pick up your gift, we are able to bring it down to your car and hand it off however you feel comfortable. Our courier service is currently doing contactless deliveries.
- DELIVERY ADDRESSES: You may need to confirm delivery addresses for recipients, as they might not be at their normal office address this year. If a gift needs to be redelivered it will incur a redelivery charge.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if I enter an incorrect or incomplete address?
We use a UPS and our local courier to complete deliveries in the quickest, most cost-efficient way for our customers. They each outline different policies for costs of returning packages after a failed delivery. Unfortunately, any fees associated with returned or redirected deliveries are passed on to our customers. A la Carte Gifts & Baskets can only provide estimates of these fees when the package is returned to us or when we redirect a package in transit.
In these rare instances, we ask for your patience and we promise in return to do everything in our power to make sure your gift basket arrives in perfect condition and as soon as possible.
Are your delivery times guaranteed?
Yes! If our delivery partner offers a guarantee and misses the delivery, then we will refund the shipping on your gift. Please know that if the recipient is not home and was unable to receive the package, this does not qualify as missing the delivery. Our local delivery partners will call a recipient in the event they are not there to accept delivery. The recipient can instruct the delivery company on where to leave the package. Re-delivery to recipient will incur another delivery charge for the sender. Circumstances beyond our control, such as severe weather, natural disasters, etc., will void the delivery guarantee.
Certain businesses, hospitals or colleges may have circumstances where our courier must leave the package to be delivered by a representative of the organization. In such an instance, delivery is considered complete and the time of the couriers drop off.
Can I send a package internationally?
Unfortunately, no. We are happy to prepare a package for you to take to the shipping company of your choice. Shipping overseas has become increasingly difficult over the years and it is a liability we can't afford to deal with anymore.
Do recipients have to be present to receive their gift?
Gift baskets that contain ALCOHOL ALWAYS REQUIRE THE SIGNATURE OF AN ADULT OVER THE AGE OF 21. For other deliveries, our couriers are instructed to contact the recipient for instructions on how to handle the delivery. If they cannot contact the recipient, or leave the package in a secure location, the driver will have to attempt redelivery the next day. A re-delivery charge will be incurred.
What about summer shipping?
During the summer months we do our best to use chocolate flavored products rather than chocolate itself. We will always work with our sender and our courier to make sure these products arrive in good shape. We do not ship chocolates once the heat reaches 70 degrees in our local or the destination.
What about substitutions?
For a variety of reasons, we will occasionally run out of a specific item. While this does not occur often, we reserve the right to substitute the unavailable item for a different one of equal or greater value.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Check our Terms & Policies